01 August 2008

Weaverville

I got to Red Bluff around 2:00. I met Kelsea at her Grandparents in Tehema, just out of Redding. I had a delicious turkey sandwich and a Budweiser. They live right on the edge of the Sacramento river and it is gorgeous. We left around 4:00 heading to Portland, Oregon, by way of CA299 towards U.S. 1. Two hours into the trip, shortly after picking up a few sandwiches for dinner on the road, Kelsea's car started having a bit of trouble climbing the steep curving hills. We managed to turn the car around enough to coast back down the hill, and enough to make it just in front of Main Street Automotive. It was roughly 7:00p.m. by this time, so we had to wait till the morning to get the car looked at. We walked around a bit, thought about a hotel, but decided this is where we would stay the night. Green grass, plenty of foliage to be unnoticed, and a Buddhist temple to Boot. No tent, just sleeping bags.

(I am the big "X")

Photobucket

We stayed the night, she slept more than I did. The sky was clear, and the weather was warm enough that I was fine with just a jacket and pants. Every once in a while (it felt like every 10 - 15 minutes) I woke up from one sound or another. But one time, I woke up, turned around on my chest, and Saw a skunk! I could have spit on it if I tried. So I slowly got up in increments, he slowly backed away each time I moved. I don't know how, in god's name, I got away with out being sprayed. So of course, we got up and went to sleep in the car.

Here are some more pictures of the Temple/our campsite.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here we are waiting at the mechanic's. Yay.

Photobucket

No comments: