07 May 2008

Getting to LAX

Tuesday, May 6th - Jere and I drove to Lax; thinking that my flight departed at 2:30p.m. we respectively left Atascadero at 8:00a.m.  Remembering a tragic accident from my last trip, i double checked my flight, and realized that it did not depart till 4:30p.m.  So we decided just to take our time and get there a bit early.  Good thing too.  Somewhere 20 minutes out from Lax, looking for Samy's camera, I made a u-turn, hit the curb, and quickly realized that I had caused a flat tire.  Shitty, right?  Not only that, but, I recently changed my brake pads, and left the lug wrench at my parents.  We found a gas station with a pseudo-garage, and asked to borrow one, and all they had was an air powered gun.  Fortunately I was no more than 50 feet or so from the "Garage."  So, I decided to slowly drive the car over.  Unfortunately I had to cross one of the busiest streets in L.A., or at least it seemed to be at the time.  The guy at the gas station charged us ten dollars to exchange the flat for the spare.  He kindly told us in broken english that there was a tire store just past Van Nuys on the right.  All the tires were pretty bad, so I decided to replace them all, we had the time, and that way Jere wouldn't run into that problem on the way home, just in case.  The tires took half an hour to change, and there was a guitar center across the street, so we were preoccupied enough.  We left and got to the airport right on time.  And I even got a Bulk head seat (I am way to big for airplanes).


1 comment:

Conor Berry said...

dude for sure, I hate flying if its not bulkhead or emergency door seating.