For the past few days I have been a bit under the weather, I figure my stomach is simply acclimating to this new diet. ��I have been out in Jerusalem a couple of times, but still feel that my photographs are an inadequate description of this place. ��However, we did get to participate in a demonstration today in a Bethlehem Refugee camp. ��We were actually on Aljazeera. ��Israelis Celebrated the 60th anniversary as a nation, while the Palestinians commemorated the anniversary of the Nakba "Great Tragedy" of 194
8. ��Palestinians through out the West Bank and the Gaza Strip demonstrated by releasing thousands��of black balloons into the air. ��We met up at a Bethlehem Refugee camp, which was very peaceful, but in Ramallah, shots were fired (by Isaeli's), which was most likely prompted by rocks being thrown by the Palestinians. ��Seems Fair, right? ��Bullets to stones? ��So here are a few pictures of today. ��The situation over here is pretty confusing. ��You can't pick sides. ��But a solution is necessary. ��There is��much more to it than seems. ��I've got a lot to learn.��
1 comment:
I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Jess, and hope that you'll adjust quickly to the new diet. I know what you mean about trying to capture what you "see" with a camera. Just keep shooting and I'm sure your keen eye will capture some of it. You are right, too, about the complexity of the situation there. The roots of the conflict are old and deep. Take sides? Well, I would not turn my back on the Jews, as they ARE God's chosen people, but they ARE people and ALL people fall short of God's glory and ALL are in need of a Savior. The only solution is Jesus. "As the Scripture says, 'Anyone who trusts in him will never by put to shame.' For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile - the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:11-13. Take care, Jess, and keep posting. I love reading your blogs. And I love YOU! Mom
Post a Comment